Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Night Out





Last night we were at our good friends' wedding, Mario and Fiona. It was a beautiful wedding! It took place at Elliston Vineyard in Sunol. We walked in and of course I saw a couple that brought their baby. He was such a cutie! Between the ceremony and the reception we were behind them and the little boy locked eyes with me while he was sucking on his mom's arm. It was like he knew I had left my baby girl at home. I felt a tad guilty. So I moved so he wasn't staring at me anymore. The ceremony was lovely but a tad windy! Poor Fiona and her veil!

We had a great time at the reception. Bill is always very entertaining at these things. He called the Jordan Almond favors dinosaur eggs and started offering dinosaur eggs to people. Surprisingly they said no! Mario and Fiona (I'm guessing this was more of Mario's doing) had all of their friends come out on the dance floor after the first dance and the mother/son, father/daughter dances. Mario made very sure that we came out on the floor. And what was the song? The song from the Cantina scene in Star Wars. It was hilarious! And the song went on and on and on... Bill also had some fun with the napkins on the tables. I made the mistake of telling him that his shirt matched the weddings colors/linens perfectly. You'd think after 10 years with this man that I would stop saying things like that. He decided to make the napkin into a very bulky pocket square. Some very funny pictures ensued.


During the reception I was talking to the bride's aunt and got the whole story on Fiona's stunning wedding dress. When Fiona's mother and aunt had recently come to the united states and her aunt was getting married they went to buy a wedding dress. Fiona's mom came along and told her sister "Someone might want to marry me someday, Can I come with you?" And of course dear mom had to come along too. The girls tried on their first dress and said it was the one. Their mother said "No. You must try on many more dresses." So they did, but still bought the first one. She told me the lace used to be the same color as the dress, but because it was linen now the irish lace looks more ivory and the dress itself looks white. It was stunning. According to Fiona's aunt the dress fit Fiona perfectly. We had mentioned during the wedding that it looked like the dress was made for her. I had assumed she had a custom made wedding dress! It was just so cool that the dress had stayed in the family and clearly it was meant to be!


We had a wonderful time at the wedding. It was definitely nice to go out. It was an odd feeling though, like we were back in our old life but it didn't quite fit. When we were driving home I told Bill that I would feel empty if we weren't coming home to our daughter. He agreed. How quickly life changes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment