Wednesday, June 16, 2010

High Hopes for a Wednesday

I was really hoping to have a nice positive post today, but alas Miss Callie had other ideas. The morning started off ok. She was yelling, but I decided, damn it, we're going to go to Barefoot for coffee. So we did. She calmed down for the most part during the drive over. And who should we run into? Daddy! So we had a bagel and coffee together this morning. Once Callie started getting cranky again we went home. She was moderately ok when we got back then we got a visit from Callie's godmother. She started off ok, so I had high hopes of having Michelle hold Callie while I got a few things done around the house but it was not to be. Callie only wanted to be held by me. Michelle was nice enough to help with some things around the house and bring by some lunch and some movies for us. Then all hell broke loose after she left. Callie just could not be consoled. She was so so so fussy. I knew it was bad when she was yelling and before I knew what I was doing I was yelling back at her saying "What do you want??" At that point, I was like, "Ooookay. timeout." Now that its behind me I just have to laugh a little. Clearly she can't tell me what she wants but I just couldn't hack it anymore. We took a time out and I counted the hours until Bill was coming home. She took a couple of mini naps so I had time to pump and relax a little. Bill came home and mom dropped off some dinner for us, which was amazing. She fussed most of the evening as well. I really tried to keep nursing her but it was just too much for both of us. So out came the bottle of pumped breastmilk again. She is sleeping at the moment and I realllllly hope that she will sleep tonight. Luckily, Bill is going to be working remotely tomorrow so I will have an extra pair of hands tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment