Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Father's Day

Today was a lovely day! Callie has kept up with the sleeping thing, for 3 nights in a row she has slept for 8+ straight hours at night. We decided today to have a bbq for father's day and perhaps visit a winery for Bill's first father's day. We hit up the Campbell Farmer's Market and tried out our new Ergo baby carrier. It worked out really well, much easier than trying to navigate a very busy market with a stroller. She slept the whole time. We found some amazing lamb sausage and some veggies. We stopped in at Whole Foods on the way home for some side dishes and buns. Callie was melting down so I went back out to the car while Bill paid for our stuff. As I was putting Callie in the car while she was screaming, this woman came up to me, probably in her early 50s. She was dying to get a peek at Callie and told me "Oh! she has the newborn cry! I love that cry! That sound is music to my ears!" I smiled and laughed but inside I was thinking "What are you crazy? Am I going to someday miss this high pitched, shrill scream?" Who knows. We headed home and fired up the grill and my dad came over to join in the fun. It was a beautiful day and the sausage was incredible!! We topped it off with some lemonade from our meyer lemon tree and some couscous. It was getting a bit late to make a run for the winery so we decided to walk down to our local winebar instead. We put Callie in the stroller and walked down to the alameda and found a very empty winebar. We got some tapas, sweet potato and black bean burritos, brushetta and a cheese plate. We each got a glass of red wine, temparnillo for Bill and Zin for me. It was lovely. We walked back home and mellowed out for the night. A wonderful first father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment