Saturday, March 26, 2011

Single Mama Weekend Day 1

So this is the weekend I've been dreading for months. Bill is at a(nother) bachelor party. This time it is a whole weekend in Tahoe. He left Friday morning so I did my best to cram my day full of things to do, thanks to the fabulous madres! Coffee date in the morning with Fran and Dori ( and Paige and Raena). Then it was lunch with Melissa at aqui. And yes, I did have a margarita:) By then, Callie was pretty tired so she napped in the car. I thought about making the drive to gilroy and outlets to get her some more shoes. She is growing out of her first pair already! But I was feeling pretty sluggish and didn't want to take the chance of a meltdown on the drive back, especially since it would be rush hour. So I drove to the scrapbook store instead to pick up some Christmas themed paper. She stayed asleep in the ergo and even when I put her back in the carseat. By then it was getting to be dinnertime. I texted a couple of people looking for some sushi takeout company but they couldn't make it. I told myself it would be nice to be on our own and it was. Callie had her vegetable croquettes that she shared with Milo and I had her miso and my sushi. She played for a bit until she started getting fussy so we did bath time. After her bath we read Where the Wild Things Are. She liked the picture of "the rumpus". I fed her and she went down pretty easily. I should've known it was a bad sign! She woke up 3 times during the night. So of course this morning I haven't felt my best. She was super fussy so we went to Hobees, where Callie made lots of friends and enjoyed some kids French toast and I got to have some hash browns and tea. It has been a struggle to not be consumed with anger and resentment at being left alone but I am trying. I know being so tired doesn't help. The sad thought to me is that this is just like a normal weekday for the most part. Bill gets home on the late side so usually the only break I have is a half hour or so when I eat dinner and sometimes Bill will take care of the bath. I know that he works really hard so that Callie and I are taken care of so I am glad he gets to have fun but I wouldn't mind some fun either. Might be time to start planning that girls trip to New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment