Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stroller HIke




I was focusing this week on getting out and getting moving, which is getting easier since the little miss is practically sprinting! I just wasn't sure how she would do with the stroller since we don't use it that often except for our trips down to the Shark Tank. I also wasn't too sure about the weather! But luckily it held out for us.
Before I went down to the trail, I stopped to get some food. I am always unsure about what Callie will like so I gave myself lots of time in case we had to make two stops. I stopped at a subway that was near the trail and got myself a sandwich and got her some apples and avocado. Nope on both accounts. Oh well, I got to enjoy some nice apples anyway. Luckily there was a coffee shop in the same center. I figured they might have a little something for her. I got a chai and a scone for me and a banana for her. That appropriation of food would change later:)

Banana, huh. What's in the bag? We will just see about that.

Hmm...

Definitely going to have this one. Mom, you can have the banana. I will help you with this cranberry scone.
Then it was on to our stroller hike at the Stevens Creek Trail. I hadn't been to a stroller hike event in a while and it felt great to be back in the outdoors with other moms and dads. I went pretty frequently when Callie was itty bitty and I needed to get out of the house. It provided so much help and support! I had a really bad day in particular and one of the organizers really got me through it. Mamas and papas, definitely check it out. It is a great, non profit group!

Once we got to our usual stopping place we let the kids out to play. Callie was pretty darn adorable.

Taking a breather

A parking lot, you say? I will investigate.

Then it was back to the car. Callie was still pretty wired so I let her play around the playground for a while.



She wasn't too sure about the sand, but she LOVED it when I took her down the slide. She would just laugh hysterically!
There is another stroller hike scheduled for thursday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

3 comments:

  1. Callie is adorable ^_^ You get so many great pictures of her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, there are usually 3-4 a week. Here is the link to their events:
    http://strollerhikes.com/Events.php

    ReplyDelete