Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

Since Callie is walking so much now, I thought it was high time she got some proper footwear. I had heard that Stride Rite was still the place to go, so a friend from Las Madres and I set out for our adventure! We met at the store in the afternoon. They measured her feet while she was still in the ergo and said she was a 3 1/2 wide. So I picked out a couple of pairs to try. Thankfully most of the shoes are velcro. I certainly don't want to deal with laces yet! I was totally shocked when I looked at the prices! I thought to myself, "They won't be that expensive, they're little, right?" Wrong. $40!! That's as much as I spend on shoes for me, most of the time. Oh well. At least they were doing a buy one get one half off deal. I put one shoe on her and then she sort of hobbled/crawled away. It was hysterical!

Her crawling/walking movements got VERY exaggerated, like she was wearing shoes that were 2 feet high! I should have taken video. She kept crawling to Fran as if to say "Help me! Make her stop!"

"Yo! Where my toes at?!"

Oh well, at least I look good.

She is definitely still trying to get used to them, but its getting better. Growing up is so hard, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment