Thursday, April 7, 2011

Experimenting with Weaning

I have been slowly experimenting with weaning Callie. I'm in no hurry, since we are down to 2 feedings a day which is very manageable! Not like a couple months ago when she was still nursing so much! I bought some cow's milk for her and gave it to her a couple of times, mostly with a meal, not in replacement of a nursing session. So the other night I tried offering her the sippy cup instead of nursing before bed, just to see what she would do.
She took a couple of sips and placed the cup on the ground. Then she calmly walked over to my nursing pillow, looked up at me with the sweetest, most gorgeous smile ever and patted the Boppy a few times, as if to say, "no, mama, I want your milk." well, what could I say to that? What a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment