Friday, July 30, 2010

Today is just one of those days

that I want to run away and escape the incessant screaming. Even before she started screaming today I had a feeling like "I kinda wish I could go back to work in August." A feeling of listlessness, boredom and overall, meh. I have definitely struggled since we got back from San Diego. I guess I got used to having so many other extra pairs of hands around to hold Callie while I got to do things like shower or put clothes away or whatever. It has been difficult getting back to the idea that it is just me and her again. I found myself staring at the other people at the coffee shop this morning and wondering if they knew how lucky they were to have silence when they wanted it, if they knew how nice it is to say "You know what, I'm gonna go do x, y and z today" and that would be what they would do that day.
Maybe she is teething or having a growth spurt, but whatever it is, she is a grade A mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment