Thursday, July 15, 2010

Anyone Can Wear Pink!

Callie and I took a nice long walk today down to The Falafel Drive In. Best Falafels in the bay area...We are sitting down and I am finishing my falafel when a mom and her son came up to me. The mom pointed out Callie and said "Look at the baby!" The boy was probably around 8 years old or so. He looked at me and asked "Is it a boy or a girl?" I responded with girl. His mom then said "You can tell its a girl because she is wearing pink." The boy very matter a factly turned to his mom and exclaimed, "But anyone can wear pink, mom!" Right you are my good man.

While we are on the topic, here is an interesting piece on color being associated with a certain gender. And another one on whether color preference is cultural or biological.

No comments:

Post a Comment