Monday, November 22, 2010

Gettin' Crafty

Before I had Callie, I loved to craft. I was an avid quilter, sewer. I obviously haven't been able to do much in that department since before she was born. One day I was looking at her baby book and I really wasn't happy with it, it felt pretty restrictive. So I thought..."Hmm. You know what would be perfect would be a scrapbook."
I know, how very stereotypical stay at home mom. But whatever.
Soon my next thought was, "Ugh. That's a lot of work. If I try to do it myself I will never get it done. But if I enlist the help of others?" So I sent an email out to the madres. I was a little apprehensive about the email, because it seemed so stereotypical to be scrapbooking. But I really wanted to create something for Callie documenting her first year. I was so glad that a bunch of moms wanted to work on scrapbooks too! So we decided to meet once a month for a few hours at a time, a sort of moms night in. I went to the local scrapbook store and bought some papers and few other choice items. It was such a fun night! We opened some wine, had some yummy treats and chatted. In the book, I was handwriting things and the further along I got, the less happy I was with it. I wanted to be able to include big chunks of text, like about her birthday and her blessing ceremony and doing it by hand was going to take too long and wasn't looking very nice either. So I basically re-did all the pages I did at the scrapbook night, but I am so happy with it! I love how it is turning out! It became my nightly activity once I would put Callie down to sleep.
It feels great to be creating something. Here are some shots of a few of the pages.






No comments:

Post a Comment