Friday, November 26, 2010

Callie's 1st Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful day yesterday. We all got up and headed to Noah's for a bagel and since I had gotten 20 minutes in on the eliptical yesterday (not my usual 30, that is another post) I was going to treat myself to an eggnog latte. Oh how I love it when the eggnog reappears on the cafe menus! Bill was getting our bagels and I was next door at Peet's getting my latte, but it was not to be! So sad! They were out of eggnog! They kept calling "mara" to change my order, but of course I wasn't responding to it. So I had to wait 15 minutes to not get an eggnog latte. Oh well. Soy peppermint mocha it was instead.
After that we decided just to head over to grandma tere's house way early so we could visit with my mom and aunt patty before everyone else got there. I'm glad we did! Callie was so excited in the car over there. She was so happy to have the dog trapped next to her!

It was so fun just to relax and smell all those wonderful thanksgiving smells!

We went outside so Callie could hang out with the hens again. This was also Milo's first introduction to them. We weren't quite sure what he would do, and honestly, he was pretty confounded by them! At one point he did chase one of them, the black one and she managed to get her neck caught in the chicken wire! It was a little scary there for a minute until Grandma Tere came to the rescue and untangled the poor bird!
Callie meets her Great Aunt Patty
I'm ready for turkey! Well, maybe next year...

Soon everyone else got there...
Callie and her Uncle Dave
You're getting sleepy....
Callie did really with all the excitement. She even got a bowl of her very own sweet potatoes!

She didn't devour them the way she does with the more orangey yams, but she did well. We all, of course, ate too much and just wanted to crash. But it was such a great day. Most of the day I kept thinking about last year's thanksgiving, because that is when we told our families that we were having a little girl. From that day on I had fantasized about these wonderful family holidays, the familiar smells and feelings with a new human to share them with.
Unfortunately, I think Miss Callie got a little overwhelmed because she didn't go down to sleep as easily as she usually does. Poor Bill got a nasty cold this morning, so that has put a damper on the holiday spirit around here, but hopefully he will kick it to the curb soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment