Friday, September 24, 2010

There I was, Blogging Away When...

The cat waltzed into the dining room meowing. I had just put Callie down for a nap so I was already quietyly scolding dear Mr. Sprite about the possibility of waking her up when I heard a small thud on the floor and saw what he had brought for me.

Ugh. The poor bird was still very much alive despite having been carried around in my cat's mouth. One of its wings seemed pretty gimpy, but beyond that he seemed to be fine, albeit pretty fucking scared out of its mind! Now, I know what to do when my cat brings in dead animals, which doesn't happen very often, he usually keeps his kills to himself. But a live one? That was new territory. By the time I called Bill for some advice, Milo took an active interest in the freaked out bird in the dining room. Can't blame the guy, certainly isn't an everyday occurrence. So now I was on the phone and trying to keep Milo away from the bird at the same time. So I gathered up my poor little friend in an old tshirt and put him outside near our buddha statue and kept the cat and the dog inside for the time being. Hopefully he is well enough to hop/fly to his next destination whatever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment